Tuesday, December 4, 2007

OpenEd week 15: Wrap Up

I have certainly learned a lot about Open Education licensing, philosophies, and even learning digitally in general. This course has actually been a lot of work, but it has been fun to see different comments on my blog and to share my opinions. I especially enjoyed reading posts that had opinions that were different than my own and commenting on them. Most of these experiences have led me to change my own opinions on the subject matter.

I have also learned what I believe about open education and perhaps this is the most important thing that I can take from the class. I think that it will have an impact for good on many aspects of higher education. I think that it will provide an infrastructure for more innovative practices in instruction and learning to come in the future.

The way I will use the material in this class is always have an eye toward open practices. With instruction that I develop, I will look for materials that I can use that are open, try to incorporate more openness into the instruction, and look at programs and procedures to see how they could be more open.

As far as what could be covered that has not, let's reconcile the two views of instructional technology, localization vs. universal instruction. It may be good to cover the idea of localization and how it is to be done especially. From an instructional technology standpoint, show people how to make some open content work as part of an instructional piece.

I like the idea that others have posted about just posting comments on others blogs for the in-between weeks. It would also be okay to have an in-between week that also requires a new post. I also enjoy hearing the instructors opinion about topics. We got some of this in the readings, but not as much as I would have liked. All classes have to at some point give some answers to the questions it raises.

I never thought I would learn as much as I did from a blog based class, so it was a surprise to me how much I could learn from others posts. Thanks for the class!

No comments:

Post a Comment